Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Math Facts Now! - Review

home_r1_c1-2

Vendor: Math Facts Now – download your free trial here !

Target age: K – 6 or anyone who needs to review any of their math facts                    

Format:  Download or CD – $15.95 – Guaranteed or your money back!

Product overview:

  • Drill facts – addition, subtraction, multiplication and divisionCD_pic
  • Create your own lessons, save them and review
  • Each child can have individual lessons created for them
  • Progress report is available after the completion of each lesson
  • Child is required to retype any problems they missed at least 2 times
  • Any trouble problems during a lesson – the child sees a “be careful” note
  • Drill any facts needed – chose only one too!
  • Ability to review each child’s performance and trouble problems
  • Drill 10 to 100 problems – the parent sets the number!
  • A child can take from 60 – 90 seconds to answer each problem
  • Reward system at the completion of each lesson

My thoughts:

Initially my girls would tire after 30 problems during a lesson.  The company worked with the CREW reviewers and redesigned the program to drill fewer problems in a lesson.  That tells me that Math Facts Now! creators are willing to work with their customers needs.  My girls enjoyed their lessons more when they only had to drill 20 problems. 

I think the program is easy to use – both for the parent and child.  It is not a busy and noisy program like many educational programs.  I also liked that I could create lessons with only one math fact:  like +1 or  -9. 

My girls enjoy the reward system that I can enter when creating a lesson.  The rewards are received at the completion of a lesson.  We discussed the rewards and came up with:  Wii play time or a candy cane.  This made the lesson more fun for them.

I was able to download the Math Facts Now! program to a USB drive.  This made it easy to do lessons either on the desktop or laptop.

th_HomeschoolCrew250wideSee what other CREW member’s had to say about Math Facts Now! here.

 

Signature

Disclaimer:  This product was given to me free of charge, not to be returned to the vendor.  All opinions expressed in this review are mine.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the bit about having it on a USB. I wasn't for sure if mine worked properly from the USB, so now I need to go check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pushed you to 100...........freako!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails