Saturday, January 7, 2012

MFW Highlights linky & iPad Apps

 

MFW HH button

 It’s been a wonderful holiday break for our family. 

This past week, we were supposed to complete week 16 in ECC and travel to Germany but that did not happen.  My girls and I began the year gently with just a few lessons a day.

I purchased an iPad at Christmas time.  I wanted to share a few

iPad apps

that my girls have been enjoying during class time this week.

IMG_2913

IMG_2916

Geo Walk HD - 3D World Fact Book

Geo Walk HD 3-D – World fact book for our ECC lessons

 

 

Stack the Countries

Stack the Countries game to reinforce what we learn in our geography ECC lessons

 

 

Math Bingo

 Math BINGO – math fact games (+ – / *)

 

 

Interactive Telling Time Lite - Learning to tell time is fu

 Interactive Telling Time – learn how to tell time with both a digital and analog clock

 

Simplex Spelling Phonics 1 - English

 Simplex Spelling Phonics 1

 

 

Montessori Crosswords - Learn Spelling With Phonics-Enabled

 Montessori Crosswords – Learn Spelling with Phonics – Enabled Alphabet and over 300 words

 

Real ChalkBoard HD

 Real Chalkboard HD – my girls love to write their spelling words with this app ~ it’s FREE too

 

 

Doodle Buddy for iPad – Paint, Draw, Scribble, Sketch – It_

 Doodle Buddy everything ~ free

 

 

I get iPad App ideas from friends or other mom’s blogs like:

iPad Educational Apps from Confessions of a Homeschooler

Apps for Homeschooling blog

Moms with Apps

Tune in next week when I share our week 16-17 in ECC using My Father’s World curriculum!

signature

Check out the links below to see what other’s are doing!

 

 

5 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to check out some of those apps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great break! That iPad looks fun;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAHHHHHHH! I want an IPAD so badly! :) Glad to hear your Christmas break was wonderful! Thanks for hosting Highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the apps! My son is obsessed with Stack the States, I know he will love Stack the Countries too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monica, just found your site and it looks great.
    My wife and I are the makers of the Simplex Spelling apps, we're glad to hear that your kids have been enjoying Simplex Spelling Phonics 1.

    We are a homeschooling family as well and designed our spelling apps to teach our own kids how to spell and read, so we designed them with homeschooling in mind. :)

    Just thought that your readers might want to know that we also have a free version entitled Simplex Spelling Free Lite that is available on the app store if they'd like to try it out before making a purchase.

    Wishing you all the best,
    Craig Welburn
    Pyxwise Software Inc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails