Designed for the non-science parent in mind!
I have had the opportunity to review an excellent science curriculum by Pandia Press called R.E.A.L. Science Odyssey (ROS) LIFE. It is specifically written for the home school or small group setting.
Read, Explore, Absorb, and Learn.
And your kids will do just that! Each lesson has hands-on fun and experiments. We have really enjoyed ROS.
Features: Sample pages here and more below
- Used 2 to 3 times a week the curriculum is a complete, rigorous, vocabulary rich life science that needs no supplement for the year.
- Designed for the non-science parent who can use household items for the labs
- ROS is about experimentation and hands-on fun
- Each lesson contains a page for your child’s notebook
- The lessons are in black and white – no color ink used!
- Level one is intended for grades 2nd – 5th (my 5 year old even joins in all the fun)
- Story-like format for the lesson and hands-on fun for the labs – believe me you will not regret purchasing this curriculum!
ROS has everything you need to teach:
Story page – Read this page with your child, underline vocabulary words, review, and place it in your child’s science notebook.
Instructions page – Written for the teacher/parent but the procedure is written as if for the student. Sample below
Lab pages – These are from the Skeletal and Circulatory systems
These lab pages are from the Arachnid and Bird studies.
The curriculum also has other teacher / parent helps like:
- What’s the Big Idea and Small Stuff – the main idea and little details for each lesson depending on the age of your student. This curriculum is very adaptable for a variety of age groups. My girls are 5 and 7 years and they absolutely LOVE science this year.
- Material list – by unit – most are common household items
- Website suggestions and library book list
- Science journal and notebooking instructions – your child will add to their notebook, journal and ‘body book’ all year!
This is a sample page from our human body book. We are going through the body systems!
ROS Life science is such a fun curriculum for the girls. We are working through the body systems this month. It is so packed full of learning and experiments that I am going to put it on the shelf until summer – for “Summer Science”. It is such a thorough program that I have had a hard time completing it along with MFW Adventures science (our core curriculum).
Are you excited about doing R.E.A.L. Science Odyssey with your kids?
You should be ~ because for a years worth of fun it only costs $38.99 for an E-book version from Pandia Press (instant delivery both teacher and student pages). Also available from Rainbow Resource is the printed version: $45.95 teacher book and $29.95 for the student pages.
Check out their History Odyssey curriculum.
Do you want to try if before you buy it? Click Here
Disclaimer: This product was given to me for review purposes free of charge, not to be returned to the vendor. All opinions expressed in this review are mine.