“Speekee TV is designed so that children can learn Spanish in their own time at their own pace.” It is safe, secure and fun for your kids.
Their website lists 10 reasons why YOU should choose SPEEKEE for your family:
- Great fun and extremely effective – My girls LOVED this program
- Created by special linguists and musicians – Fun songs
- Accelerated learning methodology for natural success
- 100% in Spanish (with both English and Spanish subtitles)
- Simple presentation style
- Lively, engaging characters – Puppets and children
- Real Spanish children in Spanish locations – My girls LOVED listening and watching the other children
- Concise, essential Spanish vocabulary, with LOTS of repetition
- Catchy songs – Songs you will hear your kids sing when they are playing
- Highly acclaimed by our customers – I agree!
Target age: 2 – 10 years old
Format and Price:
Online format offers 10 episodes with free activity sheet downloads at $7.50/month (use PayPal to subscribe – unsubscribe at any time – there’s No minimum period)
Also available on DVD. For more information click here.
Activity sheet samples:
Order the online format get the first 2 weeks free! – click here
My daughters LOVED Speekee. They asked for it, especially my 5 year old. I would hear her sing the songs when she played. Some evenings she would watch 3 of the Speekee TV videos at one time. She also incorporated Spanish words into her conversations throughout the day, especially “please”, “thank you”, “where are we going today?”, and the color words.
I have to admit when I first received this product to review…. I sighed ugh. But it is an engaging, interactive, fun, and hands free program to add to your homeschool.
My favorite part of the program is that I do not have to plan lessons. I just turn on a Speekee TV lesson, read, sing and talk along with the children on the video, and pause the video at any time to speak Spanish with my girls. Also for fun and to review our new words from the lesson, the girls and I completed the lesson activity sheets.
My daughters’ least favorite part of the lessons were the ‘sock’ puppets. They were kind of creepy to them and their voices were difficult to understand. They enjoyed the children and the ‘Speekee’ puppet.
This program allowed me to see that I CAN incorporate a foreign language in our homeschool. I just had to have the right program!
Check out the Speekee website for a demonstration video!
See what other’s on This Old Schoolhouse CREW has to say about Speekee here.
Disclaimer: This product was given to me free of charge, for a time frame, for review purposes only. All opinions expressed are my own.