This year has flown by so fast. I can’t believe it’s December already! In order to slow down and enjoy our holiday season, we are taking a break from our MFW lessons until January.
I just thought I’d share a few things we will be enjoying this holiday season to prepare us for the Birth of our King ~ Jesus.
1. Our Family Advent read aloud Tabitha Travels. There are three books in the series by Arnold Ytreeide (Jotham’s Journey, Tabitha Travels and Bartholomew’s Passage). Each evening when the girls are in bed, I read them a passage from the book. It is a favorite this season so far!
2. Grapevine Bible Studies ~ Birth of Jesus. The Grapevine study has been such a wonderful addition to our lessons. I am planning to do more when we are done with the 5 week series ~ Birth of Jesus. My girls (and I ) absolutely LOVE drawing the stick figures as we learn. If you would like to see what others think of Grapevine Studies – check out Mama Jenn’s review here!
3. Truth in the Tinsel. I have to admit that I am just now in the process of reading through this eBook. But the planning has been done for me!!! Yea !
Truth in the Tinsel offers lots of learning and fun during the Advent season from: scripture to ornaments, discussions questions and more!
4. Sewing projects. We have always just had 2 stockings each Christmas. So this year my daughter and I decided it would be a good idea to have four! We went to Jo Ann’s to buy fabric.. or should I say over-buy fabric. I am still learning how to read patterns.
Here’s a sneak peak at the start of our stocking project:
5. Thumbprint Christmas Cards. I have never had an interest in sending out Christmas cards. This year I thought my girls would enjoy creating a few and mailing them to close friends and family. I LOVE Pinterest. I found this great idea on Pinterest ~ Thumbprint Christmas Cards.
I went to the library and got the book by Ed Emberley called Fingerprint Drawing Book to help guide our art fun. It has great ideas on how to make thumbprint art with Santa and a reindeer.
6. Christmas music. We have enjoyed the girls new interest in singing Christmas songs as they play the piano. Boy.. am I gonna miss these days!
7. Community Service ~ serving meals to those in need in our community. Our MFW ECC Co-op families prepared a meal and served it at a local shelter started by a couple in the early 90’s. The kids had such a great time talking to the families who came to eat. They were so excited to be used by God.
Be sure to link up and share what you are doing during the holidays and in MFW!
Kattie @ 2 Ladybugs and a Lizard will be doing a link up next week (December 9th).