Welcome to our ‘Week 9 in Review’ using Exploring Countries and Cultures in My Father’s World!
This week’s schedule was packed full of fun and family time! In fact, we did very little school beyond language arts, math, start a Rain Forest lapbook, and watch a few movies about the Rain Forest.
Science Focus this week:
We headed to South America into the tropical rain forest.
- Read Around the World book ideas: love the book The Rainforest Grew All Around - Delightful Children's Books blog
- The Umbrella coloring pages and book
- You gotta check this cute stuff out!! … Rainforest art fun from 1+1+1=1 – thumb and finger print art
- Rainforest Calendar connections from 1+1+1=1
- Sample of a lapbook using the book The Umbrella
Below is the cutest thumb print / finger paint Rainforest Theme art from 1+1+1=1. We did not have time to do it this week yet. Check out the link above to download it.
We headed with our dad and cousins to the local fair!
This is a chicken….. cute huh?
Our grandpa took us to the Pumpkin Patch!
Thanks for dropping by. Be sure to check out the links below to see what other families did this week in MFW.
If you are linking up to this post ~ be sure to grab the MFW Highlights button !