Vendor: Math Facts Now – download your free trial here !
Target age: K – 6 or anyone who needs to review any of their math facts
Format: Download or CD – $15.95 – Guaranteed or your money back!
- Drill facts – addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Create your own lessons, save them and review
- Each child can have individual lessons created for them
- Progress report is available after the completion of each lesson
- Child is required to retype any problems they missed at least 2 times
- Any trouble problems during a lesson – the child sees a “be careful” note
- Drill any facts needed – chose only one too!
- Ability to review each child’s performance and trouble problems
- Drill 10 to 100 problems – the parent sets the number!
- A child can take from 60 – 90 seconds to answer each problem
- Reward system at the completion of each lesson
Initially my girls would tire after 30 problems during a lesson. The company worked with the CREW reviewers and redesigned the program to drill fewer problems in a lesson. That tells me that Math Facts Now! creators are willing to work with their customers needs. My girls enjoyed their lessons more when they only had to drill 20 problems.
I think the program is easy to use – both for the parent and child. It is not a busy and noisy program like many educational programs. I also liked that I could create lessons with only one math fact: like +1 or -9.
My girls enjoy the reward system that I can enter when creating a lesson. The rewards are received at the completion of a lesson. We discussed the rewards and came up with: Wii play time or a candy cane. This made the lesson more fun for them.
I was able to download the Math Facts Now! program to a USB drive. This made it easy to do lessons either on the desktop or laptop.
See what other CREW member’s had to say about Math Facts Now! here.
Disclaimer: This product was given to me free of charge, not to be returned to the vendor. All opinions expressed in this review are mine.