As a member of This Old Schoolhouse CREW, I have had the opportunity to review the
2nd Grade edition of Positive Action Bible Curriculum: Finding God’s Promises.
Positive Action Bible studies have been a wonderful addition to our homeschool. The curriculum is colorful, well written, easy to teach your children, and full of fun activities and truths!
The curriculum doesn’t just teach the importance of scripture memory but the truths and promises of the God of the Bible. The student’s are challenged to memorize scripture, read the Word, depend on God to change their character to be more like His, and engage in Bible conversations during the lessons. The emphasis in this curriculum is establishing students in the Word of God so that they begin to find answers for themselves.
What more can I say .. but that I think this curriculum is absolutely WONDERFUL!
Here’s a few more features: download a sample here
- Full color student manual with fun activities, lessons, puzzles, and more for only $12.95 (5 or more – $10.95ea)
- Flexible Teacher’s manual detailing lessons for 35 weeks – you choose your schedule - 5-day, 4-day or 3-day week schedule
I chose to do the lessons 4 days a week. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, the girls and I reviewed scripture memory verses, read the Word - that is packed full of God’s promises, discussed vocabulary and comprehension questions, and completed the workbook pages. On Fridays, we did the Character Trait Activities.
- Great program for multi-age children – both my 5 and 7 year old did the 2nd grade studies – great for co-ops and summer Bible studies in the neighborhood
- God’s character is brought to life in each lesson
- Features a parent-assisted Scripture memory program
- Interesting stories
- Vocabulary sections
- Words for songs
- Puzzles, artwork, and maps
Positive Action’s elementary Bible Curriculum is written students grades 1 – 6. They have a scope and sequence for each grade on their website here. You can also download a sample of the 2nd grade curriculum and the Teacher’s manual I reviewed here.
Teacher’s Manual – printed $33.95
Teacher’s Manual – on CD $19.95
Student’s Manual – $12.95 ($10.95 / 5 or more)
Hymn & Chorus CD – $9.95
Are you looking for a Bible curriculum for your older students? Check out Positive Action’s Middle School studies here.
See what others on The Old Schoolhouse CREW had to say about Positive Action – click here!
Disclaimer: This product was given to me free of charge for review purposes. All opinions expressed in this review are mine.