Sunday, July 31, 2011

Our Morning Board: 2011-2012

 

Updated Morning Board:

IMG_2041

I reused a few things from last year like the weather chartsI printed them from Jolanthe’s blog ~ Homeschool Creations.

I added skip counting and Latin Words of the week. 

Song School Latin I am using Song School Latin this year. They have free printable coloring pages on their website ~ Song School Latin Coloring pages

 

 

Make the Date: I got the wooden date board from Target $1 section.  The girls write the date each day on the “Today’s Date is” worksheet.  I use plastic sheet protectors and dry eraser markers.  The dry eraser markers do not come off laminated sheets very well.

IMG_2053IMG_2054

I have also added a place to display the Character Trait we are focusing on for the week.

IMG_2043

I am using Character Notebooking pages from Notebooking Pages. 

Check out these links:

Delightful Learning blog - Morning Board links

Character Trait printables - Sarah Sweeties blog

 

IMG_2045

More fun learning from Homechool Creations blog ~ books of the Bible

IMG_2046

 

This is our Exploring Countries and Cultures – Morning Board fun!

Our John 3:16 wall will be filling up with paper dolls from each of the cultures.

IMG_2048

This is our pray card poster from Expedition Earth by Confessions of a Homeschooler blog.  Each culture we study will have a pray card: culture name, continent, country, picture, etc.  The cards will be displayed on the poster board.

IMG_2051

These are my UPDATED workbox grid cards:

IMG_2052 IMG_2055

Check out my workbox system

Check out my Curriculum choices this year.

signature

6 comments:

  1. Oh Monica!! You have given me SOOOO many great ideas!!! Thank you SOOOO much!!! BTW did you see the ECC copywork pages? You can download them from here: http://www.mamajenn.com/MamaJenn/MFW_ECC.html

    Also, do you know if there is a 2011-2012 MFW Blogroll going on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great morning board! Thanks for sharing. We have something similar ourselves, but I haven't taken any pictures, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your board looks great! I'm leaning towards a notebook style to accomplish some of the same things. We had a board last year, but began to use our mini-office more and more towards the end of the year. I'm definitely going to use your idea for the clock-that will fit perfectly in our notebook. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your morning board. Such great ideas- I especially like adding in the character qualities. Thanks for sharing! Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I will follow your blog. I am using MFW - ECC for the first time ever! I will be returning to your blog for ideas. No pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I happened upon this post through Google, but just wanted to say that I love some of these elements on your morning board!

    We are just getting started with homeschooling with MFW K, and while we wouldn't use all of these elements right from the start, some will really come in handy. I plan to save this post for future reference.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails