File System for each week of school:
What you need:
- Hanging file folders – one for each week you do school in a year
- Label maker – Label each file folder with a number (I do 34 weeks)
- Colored file folders – Place one for each child in each hanging file folder
- Stuff your folders with EVERY lesson - for each week for the WHOLE year!
I bought a file folder box with a lid.
This is the hanging file folder with the colored folders ~ one for each child.
Here’s a few items I placed in the folder. I will then put these in the appropriate workbox.
This planning process will help your year go super smooth.
I just pull out the file folder for one child on Sunday evening and place just the papers in the appropriate work box. You can stuff them each night with one day’s worth of work or you can pull out a week’s worth of work and place it in the workbox.
I use 12’x12’ scrapbooking drawers – 9 drawers for each child. I got them for $9 for each 3-drawer section from Hobby Lobby.
Workbox cards and grids for each day of the week (details are from Jolanthe’s blog Homeschool Creations). I still need to update the cards for the changes I made in our curriculum this year. The new cards will be generic subject pictures, so I do not have to change them each year!
I added P.E. activity cards from Confessions of a Homeschooler. Go check them out… fun fun fun! I will put several in the girls boxes each day to add fun!
I keep a few items in the boxes all the time like: Explode the code workbook, spelling notebook, latin workbook, etc.
Morning Board: (update weekly ~ no photo yet because I am still working on it)
- Bible memory verse
- Latin words of the week (Song School Latin)
- Make the date with Money
- What time is it? digital and analog
- Calendar time
- Sowing seeds of __________ (Character)
- Prayer card – People group we are studying in ECC
I use the The Well Planned Day in a binder for my planning pages.