Welcome to “Week 7 in Review” using Exploring Countries and Cultures with My Father’s World!
Bible Focus this week:
People group to PRAY for: Garifuna people who primarily live in Central America (along the Caribbean coast in Belize, Guatemala, Nicaragua, and Honduras). We read stories about their ancestors who were shipwrecked and enslaved.
The great news is that they have both the Old and New Testaments in their language. Please pray that their people group learn to read God’s Word. The other great news is that missionaries are able to share Jesus with them.
The Booths demonstrated many Biblical character traits as they shared Jesus in their community. We focused on three this week:
Are you looking for copywork pages for your ECC Hero Tales? Check out Mama Jenn’s website – link here
Geography Focus this week: Canada
- Canada fun pages – Flag, money and passport – World Fact cards
- Fun stuff from Expedition Earth curriculum -
- Inuit Eskimo videos – the eskimo family hunts, build an igloo and attends church – it’s pretty amazing!
- Niagara falls facts – this is where my husband and I got married
- Ice Sculpture Art fun! (see photo below)
- Paper dolls – Inuit Eskimo – from Quillingpatch.com
We completed the ICE sculpture project from the Expedition Earth curriculum.
Just color water with food coloring and freeze it in ice cube trays and cups of various sizes.
I worked with the girls individually to build their sculpture. It was much easier the second time around.
NOTE – Just take out the cubes you are using at that moment – one at a time. Keep the other trays in the freezer. The colder they are ~ the better they stick to one another.
Then came the ……. squinchies and dinosaurs…..
Science Focus this week:
- Food chains – I downloaded some great worksheets from Enchanted Learning
- Scavengers (vultures) and decomposers (bacteria/fungi)
- Herbivores, carnivores and omnivores
Nature Study: Check out the details to our Monarch and Milkweed study here
ECC Co-op Kids:
- Painted our Clay Sun
- Inuit Soap Carving
- Watch a great video on food chains – Science Fundamentals Ecosystem and Biomes. It is for grades 2 – 6. My girls loved it and they are only 6 and 8 yrs.
Check out what others are doing in My Father’s World this week!