Saturday, October 2, 2010

MFW Adventures Wrap-Up: Week 8

Wow - I can’t believe we completed 40 days of school already!  And during these last 40 days somehow fall arrived.  I love fall but winter is right around the corner.  And for those of you who know me…I do not love the cold or snow.  Last winter was terribly cold and snowy – yet pretty.  Anyway, I plan to enjoy Autumn while it is here! 

So here’s what we have been doing so far this fall week.

Bible:  We learned about Jesus the Rock!  Our memory verse is Matthew image 7:24.  The girls discussed what characteristics a rock has:  strong, can not be broken, not bothered by the wind and etc.  Jesus is even better a Rock in our lives: “On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.  All other ground is sinking sand.”  We discussed how we are to put our trust and lives into the hands of Christ.  If we place our trust in Jesus Christ alone and His Word – then we will have built our lives on solid ground that will stand firm in any storm life sends our way!   What a Biblical truth we must all hang onto throughout our lives!

History:  Benjamin Franklin was our history favorite this week!  Let image me tell you … I had NO idea how much influence this man had on American until I read a few books from our book basket selection!  His accomplishments were amazing. 

I love homeschooling because I get to learn along with the girls.  I was impressed with how much they remembered even several days later.  They competed with one another as I wrote their summary statements on the white board!  Boy, I wish I had this great an education at ages 5 and 7 years old. 

Book Basket:  Here were a few of our book basket favorites.

IMG_0633 IMG_0634

This video – believe it or not – was biblically based! 

Both our Bible and Science lessons this week were about rocks.  See if you can get this from your local library.

 

 

 

What else did you we do? 

We had fun outside in the sun ….

Drop by our Outdoor Hour Challenge Nature Study pages to see what we learned about birds this week! 

Stop by our “Little House” Happenings to check out what we discussed in our Prairie Primer co-op here.

Do you want to read more weekly wrap-ups ? Drop by the Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers blog!

Signature

1 comment:

  1. Will you just please come teach Bible for me every day? I love the way you word the summary every week in your blog! And I sure wish I had known about the God's Rockin' World movie. Sounds like an excellent resource!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails